Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2009 RECAP: DC COMICS "Ides of Blood" part 1

This was a 6-issue mini-series that was released through DC/Wildstorm between August 2010 and January 2011.  Writer Stuart C. Paul, interior artist Christian Duce and myself were all first-timers in professional comics on this project.
Near the end of 2010, it was announced that DC was going to be absorbing Wildstorm and discontinuing their books (while re-launching several of their characters and titles under the main DC banner). As a result: issue 6 had the DC logo on it (as opposed to Wildstorm's) - most of the editorial staff was let go or transferred to the DC digital department - and the title was never re-released in trade paperback form.

So much for continuing a working relationship with my first "in" in the comic's biz. I was pretty bummed. Still, the project was a huge learning experience for me and it fulfilled a dream I've had since I was about 10 or 12 years old.

Issue 1                    -                    Issue 2

Issue 3                    -                    Issue 4

Issue 5                    -                    Issue 6

No comments: